My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.
Its been a while since I have seen a movie which can touch my heart. The Fault in our Stars was a wonderful change from movies being just for pure entertainment, and a movie which will bring both a smile as well a tear in you eye. Having not read the book yet, I cannot compare it with the book as of now, but reading this book now is on top of my bucket list. I just wish the end would have been something like, they grow old together and survive through it all, but well that is not something which is likely to happen in this movie, as it is less likely to lead us to a fairy tale ending.
The Fault in Our Stars begins with two young teenagers, Hazel and Augustus (Gus) who have joined the support group, to overcome their medical problems and bring in some positivity in their lives. Battling Cancer on your own is tuft however is a must, but to know the person you are in love with is suffering through the pain you go through as well is quite heart breaking. Becoming friends and crushing on each other through a support group was just by chance, but going through a journey together from America to Amsterdam, to visit Hazels favourite author Peter Van Houten and sailing through the beautiful Amsterdam waters is where the beautiful emotion of love strikes between the two teen hearts.
The beauty, sensitivity, simplicity, and softness of the movie is what brings you to get involved in the movie, leaving you in tears as well probably when you encounter with the harsh reality of the movie.
Five amazing quotes from the movie:
1) “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.”
2) “Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.”
3) “Maybe ‘okay’ will be our ‘always”
4) “Some people don’t understand the promises they’re making when they make them,” I said.”Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That’s what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”
5) “You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you will fail.”
All in all, though it gets a little bit dragged in between, its a beautifully made film, and both the characters have done complete justice to their roles. This one is A MUST Watch for all those who believe in True Love, and for those who do not believe in love, to bring back that belief in them. ❤